In my (from time to time) series with tech DIY guides (like the Pacemaker SSD upgrade) I will here post you a quick shorten/overview guide of my latest mini project. So here you go Sennheiser HD 25-1 (purchased some what 15 years ago) mini makeover.
I believe this post is for a smaller group of (nerdy) people, so I will write it in English. Enjoy!
First, why this remake/upgrade:
- Glitching/loose headphone contacts.
- Very old and ragged/torn earpads/headpads
- Only 3,5 mm tele plug and ..adapter…. 6,3 mm phono plug
1. Glitching contacts
- Unplug the glitching contact (red or black) from the capsule (in my case, it were the red one).
- Careful put a thin needle down in the socket and push the small wire/spring a bit to the middle.
- Put the contact back in to the socket an test the headphones.
This video explains it very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwKvHo2gCF0
2. Earpad restoration
2.1 Old look
This was old earpads. and yes not even usable at all in my (anyones) opinion.
2.2 New ones
If you are struggling with the new earpads to fit your capsules. I unfortunately think you are do it in the correct way. I sat down for a few long minutes and even (carefully) used a fork before I got them in place. Maybe because I bought the non-original from Zomo, but then I got new headpads “for free”.
Finally I got them on the capsules and I am quite pleased with re result. Even if the headpads were a but cheaper looking then the originals. But as I mentioned, I think of them as free goods 😉
3. Tele plug upgrade
Tutorial (sorry for the image quality in this video): [youtube]e32rMoCEZ8c[/youtube]
After good layer(s) of electrical tape I finally got it all in place.
No just kidding.
Use something like this instead to check if the soldering is correct:[youtube]6TWJaFD6R2s[/youtube] youtube.com: “Left and Right Stereo Sound Test”